Sunday, November 1, 2009

To my kids:

First, and last, I love you.

I hope that you will read this journal someday, and know that all of the sacrifices your mother and I have made, from this day until then, were for you.  I hope that you will see and understand my passion for helping others, and that I could never have lived my dream without the inspiration I derive from you.

I hope I will have raised you to see the good in and expect the best from others.  I hope you will consider the less fortunate, and strive to do extraordinary things for ordinary people.  Give.  Be thankful.  Tell the truth.

Never underestimate the value of your mother to me or to you.  She is more worthy of your respect and love than I could ever describe.  I pray that you will all be fortunate enough to find someone who will love you so completely, and with unwavering support.

Have faith.  Dream as big as you can, and let no one bring you down.  Enjoy nature.  Love and support each other no matter what.  Forgive.  Be silly; in public and private.

Call and visit often.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment