Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Impressions

I have been to each of my first three classes now - English Comp., Sociology, and Chemistry.  I am surprised to find that they are all much less intimidating than I had imagined.  I feel like my preparation (reading the first two chapters of each book) has been more than adequate.

I have also noticed that there are markedly more international students.  There were three students from Nepal in my Sociology class!  I think it's great that there is such a diversity of students.  I guess I would have expected it more in a big public university as opposed to a smaller private one.

Chemistry is, hands down, the best.  The instructor is personable, approachable, and is obviously interested in making the class enjoyable.  Having completed his undergrad at a large public university (UNL), he stressed how unique it was to have a class of less than 20 students as opposed to an auditorium of 200+.  I just finished the first online quiz... 100%!!!

Surprisingly, I have the most apprehension about the English class.  I consider myself a better-than-average  writer, but I'm a little self-conscious about sharing my writing with classmates.  I don't know why.

Anyway, so far so good.  I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment