Saturday, November 13, 2010

Almost there

It's been a while since my last post, so there is much to catch up on.

I will be finishing up the Fall 2010 semester next week.  I have now completed 67 credit hours, and the majority of my pre-med requirements with all "A"s.  I have completed the MCAT (24Q) - not bad for not having had microbio or organic at the time!

I was invited to interview at UNMC last Friday and had a BLAST!  I have completed my secondary app for Creighton SOM, but haven't gotten an interview invite as of yet.  UNMC said they will be contacting applicants beginning in December, but notifications may be as late as March 2011.  I hope I won't have to wait that long.

I recently quit the railroad.  They were going to force me to work about 3.5hrs from Omaha, and I couldn't do it.  I'd never see my family, and school would be impossible.  So, my path has been chosen... there's no going back.

As I look back at where I began, I am even more proud of how far I have come.  God willing, all of the sacrifices I've made will pay off and around this time next year, I'll be describing my first year of medical school!

No comments:

Post a Comment